Monday, April 25, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things


This past weekend was so wonderful; spending holidays with my husband, family and church is certainly one of my favorite things.  I cherish the energy and love that comes when we all come together.  
Just for fun I thought I would share a few more of my favorite things from this weekend...and just life in general:

Fresh fruit, how I missed you over the winter months.  Obviously there are no berries growing in the unthawed Minnesota ground but with warming weather creeping in, prices on fruit are starting to drop and they are finally affordable.  yum!
Braydon and I agree that we have never seen a dog love his toys as much as Bear.  Not only does he love playing with them, he loves taking care of them.  He is often sitting on the couch licking the fur of the animals, he brings them around the house with him and takes them to bed too.  Watching his joy and happiness when he is cuddled up next to these stuffed toys is one of my favorite things. 
While I'm on the subject of Bear, I might as will continue and add one more favorite thing...Bear's accessories.  Braydon already knows that he is in trouble when we have kids...they will certainly be well dressed and well accessorized.  This duck harness is one my personal favorites.

This is the picture Braydon drew on my Easter card this year.  Now I probably should have gotten his permission to use this but I think he will understand.  Something I love about our relationship is our ability to just be ourselves together and sometimes just be childlike.  I've always said that Braydon has an amazing ability to make me wholeheartedly laugh.  I can't even explain how he does it but day after day he makes me smile and laugh.  One of my favorite times of the day is when Braydon wakes up for work; no matter the day of the week or how well he slept, he gets up and starts singing.  It always brings a huge smile to my face.  

I love flowers, I am always amazed how such a beautiful creation can come from a little bud. My personal favorites are Easter lilies, their smell is incredible and I suppose I'm a little partial to their name too as my middle name is Lily.

This may seem a little strange that this book on my list of favorites  but I love studying oncology medicine, I find it so incredibly fascinating and the more knowledge I attain the better nurse I become.  This is my personal favorite resource.  


Although Braydon and I are looking to move into the suburbs to begin a new chapter of our lives, I will always look back fondly on my time spent living downtown.  I have so many "favorites" in downtown Minneapolis....from the endless amounts of restaurants to try to the diversity in people, the convenience of living, to the access to running paths and of course all our friends living close by....I don't think I can choose a favorite, I just love it all.

*********************************
"Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."
-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment